Two-Potato Hash Brown Stack
With these Two-Potato Hash Browns a breakfast favorite gets a makeover! The prep work for this recipe is a breeze if you have a food processor with a shredder blade. If not, a standard hand grater will work just fine. If desired, sprinkle the hash browns with your choice of seasonings before serving.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and finely shredded
- 2 medium white sweet potatoes, peeled and finely shredded
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- Place potatoes in a stockpot and fill with water until potatoes are covered by an inch. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes into a colander, rinse, and press down to remove as much water as possible.
- Heat a medium nonstick pan or griddle over medium-low heat. Add half the oil and heat, then half the shredded potatoes in small piles to the hot pan. Cook 7 minutes, then flip potatoes and cook 7 minutes more. Move the hash brown stacks to a paper towel. Repeat the process with the remaining potatoes.