Tzatziki (Cucumber, Garlic, and Yogurt Dip)
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 English cucumber
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 tsps. virgin olive oil
- 2 tsps. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh sweet herbs (dill or mint)
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Peel and grate the cucumber. Drain the liquid from the cucumbers by placing them in a colander and sprinkling the salt over. Place a small plate on top of the cucumbers to help push out the liquid, and let drain for 1 hour.
- Combine the yogurt, grated cucumber, chopped garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and the chopped fresh herbs in a medium bowl. Season with black pepper. Cover and chill until ready to serve.