Œufs Brouillés à la Truffe (Scrambled Eggs with Black Truffles)
Save to My Recipes
A classy version of scrambled eggs, with the wonderfully tasty black truffle. Simple and chic, it’s a perfect breakfast or brunch after a Christmas dinner!
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutes
- 1 fresh truffle (1½ oz.)
- 10 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- The day before, put the truffle and the eggs in the same airtight container, and keep in the refrigerator.
- Brush the black truffle (never wash it with water, as it would take the flavor out). Peel the truffle carefully: pull apart the skin peels, and then dice the main piece into small sticks. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs firmly with salt and pepper.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over very low heat, and melt the butter. Pour the beaten eggs and immediately whisk them, never stopping, as the eggs slowly start to cook. Stop after around 3 minutes (they should be kept creamy).
- Take the skillet off of the heat, add the black truffle skins, and stir well.
- Serve immediately, sprinkling the black truffle sticks on top.