This simply sweet chocolate cake is a great foundation for other recipes. It can be embellished with nuts or bits of candy.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (5 oz.) cook and serve chocolate pudding plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup sweetened shaved coconut
- 2 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar
- 1 container (8 oz.) whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a cake pan. Set aside.
- Make pudding according to package instructions. While pudding is still hot, blend in dry cake mix.
- Blend with a whisk or an electric mixer until batter is free of lumps. Turn batter into pan.
- Layer chocolate chips and coconut onto batter. Bake for 35 minutes. Cool 5 minutes, then top with confectioner's sugar. Serve warm with whipped topping.