Unfried Chicken Parmesan
This “oven-frying” technique works well with almost any breaded item. Just be sure not to skimp on the cooking spray.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (6 oz.), slightly pounded
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 lb. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix together the breadcrumbs, and Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Spray a baking sheet with the cooking spray. Place the chicken on the sheet. Spray chicken with cooking spray. Press the breadcrumbs firmly into the meat. Spray the tops with the cooking spray so that all the bread crumbs are well moistened. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top each chicken breast with half of the marinara, and then the mozzarella . Bake for 3 to 4 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the chicken is 165°F.