Valentine's Day Cake Pops
They're sweet, they're portable and they're the perfect Valentine's Day treats! Show your friends, family and colleagues how much you care with these fun, festive and frosted decorative cake pops.
Serves: 25Prep: 15 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- Cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup white decorator icing
- 1 box (18 oz.) cake mix, any kind
- 1 box (3.4 oz.) instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 4 Simple Truth™ Natural Cage Free Grain Fed Grade A Large White Eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Refined Coconut Oil
- 12 ounces Simple Truth Organic™ Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 25 lollipop sticks
- Foam block (optional)
- Spray one 13”x9” sheet pan or two 8” or 9” round pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil; beat at medium speed with electric mixer 2 minutes. Pour into a prepared pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes for round pans; 35-40 minutes for a sheet pan, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack and cool completely. Divide cake in half; freeze one half for future use.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to crumble cake until no large chunks remain. Add icing; mix with fingers until well combined. Form mixture into cake balls, then chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler over medium heat. Add shortening to chocolate chips and stir until chocolate begins to melt. Dip sticks into melted chocolate and insert into cake balls; let set.
- Wait until candy is completely firm before dipping pops completely in melted chocolate. Twirl pops carefully to coat the entire cake ball, then decorate with sprinkles immediately after dipping each pop. Stand cake balls in a block of foam until the chocolate is completely hardened.