Vanilla Bean Agave Ice Cream
There is nothing “just plain vanilla” about this delicious, sugar-free treat. The vanilla bean and vanilla extract together give it a warm, rich note.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup agave nectar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Combine milk, agave nectar, vanilla bean, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a light simmer. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks. While milk mixture is hot, temper the yolks by adding half of the mixture into the eggs, whisking constantly. Add egg mixture to the saucepan, and heat until thickened.
- Add cream and vanilla extract. Refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing.