Vanilla Bean Butter Cake
This is a delicious butter cake packed with vanilla specks and a rich vanilla aroma.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened (1½ sticks)
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease the bottoms of two 9" round cake pans. Line with parchment paper, then grease and flour the parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla bean until light and fluffy. Add eggs and egg yolks one at a time, combining well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Turn mixer to low speed and alternately add flour mixture and milk, starting and ending with flour. Scrape down the sides, add vanilla, and beat for 20 seconds more on medium speed.
- Portion batter into the prepared cake pans. Bake for 25–35 minutes until cakes are golden brown and spring back when lightly touched. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to cooling rack until completely cooled.