Vanilla Bean-White Chocolate Chip Cookies
For more vanilla flavor, place the vanilla bean in the
Makes: 24 cookiesHands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 24 cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup shortening
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Mexican vanilla bean
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Cream together butter, shortening, and sugars. Add eggs, vanilla, and seeds and pulp from inside of vanilla bean; mix well.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; blend into creamed mixture. Stir in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 8–10 minutes, or until cookies are almost done. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Cookie centers will finish baking as they cool.