Vanilla Chai Cupcake with Pumpkin Buttercream Frosting
Sweeten up your fall evening with these vanilla chai cupcakes. They pair perfectly with the pumpkin buttercream frosting to satisfy those sweet cravings.
Serves: 12Prep: 1 hourCook: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup butter, softened and divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Kroger® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Kroger® Ground Cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine ½ cup butter and sugar with an electric hand mixer. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla, then beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the cardamom, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg.
- Alternate between folding in the flour and buttermilk, until just combined. Add in the baking soda and salt.
- Fill each muffin tin ¾ full. Bake 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in tin, then transfer to a wired rack.
- In a medium bowl with an electric hand mixer, combine ½ cup butter and pumpkin puree. Add the powdered sugar and mix on low until the mixture is fully combined.
- Beat until frosting becomes creamy, then add ½ teaspoon vanilla and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Add milk if needed, to reach desired consistency.
- Frost the cupcakes with the pumpkin frosting, then serve.