Vanilla Flax Granola
Making your own granola allows you to create whatever flavors you desire. Crystallized ginger, chopped dates, a sprinkle of cinnamon, coconut flakes, dried papaya—the possibilities are endless!
Serves: 10Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup vegan margarine
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups oats
- 1⁄2 cup flax meal or wheat germ
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Melt and whisk together maple syrup, vegan margarine, and vanilla over low heat until margarine is melted.
- Toss together oats, flax meal, and raisins on a large baking tray in a single layer (you may need to use two trays).
- Drizzle maple-syrup mixture over oats and raisins, gently tossing to combine as needed.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, carefully tossing once during cooking. Granola will harden as it cools.