Vanilla Pound Cake
The warm, comforting taste of vanilla is highlighted in this moist, sweet cake. Healthy additions like protein powder, yogurt, and spelt flour make this cake high in protein and low in fat.
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutes
- ⅔ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. liquid stevia
- 2 cups white spelt flour
- ⅔ cup powdered honey
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened vanilla whey protein powder
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a 9" × 5" loaf pan with parchment paper and gently spray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yogurt, applesauce, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and stevia.
- In another large bowl, mix the flour, powdered honey, cornstarch, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the yogurt mixture, gently folding together to combine. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Spoon the batter into prepared loaf pan. It will be fairly thick. Place in the center of oven and bake 30 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.