Vanilla Sprinkle Party Cake
This light and fluffy cake is the perfect treat to bring to a party. It’s a colorful, impressive and fun treat for everyone to enjoy.
Serves: 16Prep: 50 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups 2% milk, divided
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 egg whites
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line three 8” cake pans with parchment paper; lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, use stand mixer to beat together ¾ cup butter and sugar. Turn mixer to low speed, mix in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 cup milk, flour, baking powder and salt. Turn mixer to medium speed, beat in egg whites 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 23-28 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove cakes and cool on cooling racks.
- In medium bowl, use electric hand mixer to beat ¾ cup butter until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar and ¼ cup milk until well combined. Add ½ tablespoon vanilla extract; beat 1-2 minutes.
- On 8” cake board, place one cooled cake; cover with generous amount of frosting. Place second cake top side down onto frosted layer; spread a generous amount of frosting on second layer; place third cake top side down onto frosted layer. Frost entire outside of cake with a thin layer of frosting.
- In rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, pour sprinkles in an even layer. Place an 8” cake board on top of cake; with firm grip on boards, carefully roll cake in sprinkles.
- Place an inverted bowl on baking sheet; set cake on bowl. Remove top cake board and spread a thin layer of frosting. Cover top of cake with sprinkles. Fill in bare areas with sprinkles.