This is the perfect dessert to highlight the flavor of ripe strawberries. Even slightly overripe fruit will shine in this elegant dessert.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 package (3.4 oz.) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 large container (16 oz.) whipped topping
- 1 lb. pound cake, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a mixing bowl, mix pudding, condensed milk, and water. Refrigerate the mixture until it is the texture of pudding.
- When pudding mixture is stiff, fold in whipped topping and blend carefully.
- In a trifle bowl, layer the following: pound cake, pudding mixture, sliced strawberries. Repeat. Decorate the top of the trifle with strawberries.