Våsterbotten Cheese Crisps with Fresh Pears
Use the tangy Swedish cheese, Våsterbotten, and the spreadable Norwegian goat cheese, snøfrisk to make these crunchy baked crisps. Parmesan is a good substitute for Våsterbotten and chèvre can be substituted for snøfrisk.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup finely grated Våsterbotten cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 pears, peeled, cored, quartered, and very thinly sliced
- 1 package (8.8 oz.) snøfrisk cheese
- 16 walnut halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, toss together the grated Våsterbotten cheese and chopped walnuts. Line a baking pan with a silicone mat or parchment paper, then carefully spoon 1 tablespoon mounds of the cheese mixture on the pan, separating each by 2"–3". Press each mound slightly with the back of a large spoon to level out into an even thickness, about ⅛" thick.
- Bake 5–6 minutes, watching closely to prevent burning. Remove and transfer to cool on a cookie rack.
- Once cheese crisps have cooled, top each one with a pear slice, a dollop (about 1 teaspoon) of snøfrisk, and a walnut half.