Veal Chops Marsala
These veal chops make a wonderful choice for a special weekend meal. Serve with mashed potatoes and a vegetable side dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 oz. fresh cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup dry Marsala wine
- 1½ cups beef broth
- Ground black pepper
- 4 veal chops (1" thick)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add mushrooms and sauté until just tender, about 5–8 minutes. Add green onions and garlic; sauté for 1 minute. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds. Add Marsala wine and beef broth. Cook until thickened and slightly reduced, stirring frequently. Add a little pepper; set aside.
- Season both sides of the veal chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add veal chops; sear for about 3–4 minutes on each side. Pour sauce over chops and move the skillet to the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes until chops are cooked to desired doneness. Arrange veal on a serving plate and spoon sauce over chops.