Veal Chops Marsala
These veal chops make a wonderful choice for a special weekend meal. Serve with mashed potatoes and a vegetable side dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 oz. fresh cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- Ground black pepper
- 4 veal chops (1 inch thick)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add mushrooms and sauté until just tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add green onions and garlic; sauté for 1 minute. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds. Add Marsala wine and beef broth. Cook until thickened and slightly reduced, stirring frequently. Add a little pepper; set aside.
- Season both sides of the veal chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add veal chops; sear for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Pour sauce over chops and move the skillet to the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes until chops are cooked to desired doneness. Arrange veal on a serving plate and spoon sauce over chops.