Veal Chops with Mushroom Sauce
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 veal loin chops (1" thick)
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups sliced fresh button mushrooms
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ⅔ cup beef broth
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Preheat the broiler, adjusting the rack so that the chops will be 4" from the heating element.
- Broil the chops until done, turning once (about 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms along with the pepper and thyme, and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the wine and broth, reserving 1 tablespoon of the broth, and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Dissolve the cornstarch in the reserved broth and add to the skillet, stirring until thickened. Serve sauce over the chops.