Veal Chops with Mushroom Sauce
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 veal loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2⁄3 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Preheat the broiler, adjusting the rack so that the chops will be 4 inches from the heating element.
- Broil the chops until done, turning once (about 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms along with the pepper and thyme, and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the wine and broth, reserving 1 tablespoon of the broth, and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Dissolve the cornstarch in the reserved broth and add to the skillet, stirring until thickened. Serve sauce over the chops.