Serve this dish with pasta tossed in marinara sauce or a side of mixed vegetables.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 veal cutlets (4 oz. each), pounded 1⁄4 inch thick
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups jarred marinara sauce
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Season the veal with Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the Parmesan cheese and flour. In a separate dish, place the beaten eggs. In a third dish, place the Italian bread crumbs.
- Working with one piece of veal at a time, dredge the cutlet into the flour mixture, then the beaten eggs, and finally the bread crumbs. Use fingers to gently adhere the bread crumbs to the cutlet and place on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining cutlets.
- Heat wok over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons oil. Once the oil is hot, cook the cutlets in batches for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer the cooked veal to a plate and tent with aluminum foil. Repeat with the remaining cutlets, adding the remaining oil as needed.
- Preheat the oven broiler. Place the veal cutlets on a sheet pan or in a baking dish. Cover the tops with the marinara sauce and place 1 slice of cheese on top of each cutlet. Broil until the cheese has bubbled and browned, about 5 minutes. Top with parsley and serve immediately.