Veal Scallops in Lemon Sauce
Add some steamed broccoli or broccoli rabe to this sugar-free dish, and you have a very high level of nutrition.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 slices (4 oz.) veal, pounded very thin
- 1 Tbsp. whole-wheat flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. butter
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Sprinkle the veal with flour, salt, and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat and sauté the cutlets, about 2 minutes per side. Place on a warm platter.
- Add the butter and lemon juice to the pan and heat until the butter melts. Spoon over the veal.