Veal Scallops with Prosciutto and Cheese
This simple and elegant dish is almost too good for every day.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 thin veal slices (3 oz.)
- 4 slices white American cheese
- 4 paper-thin slices prosciutto
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- ¼ cup corn flour
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Lay the slices of veal on your workspace. Place a slice of cheese and then a slice of ham over each slice of veal.
- Roll the veal and fasten with toothpicks. Dip the veal in the egg and sprinkle with flour and pepper.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the veal, turning to brown all over. Reduce heat to low for 3–4 minutes to cook through and let cheese melt.