Veal Stew with Mushrooms
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. boneless veal for stew
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup sliced yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 lb. fresh small button mushrooms, cleaned
- ¾ cup dry sherry
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. lemon pepper
- 2 tsp. parsley flakes
- 1 small bay leaf
- 2 cups water
- Brown the veal in hot oil in a large nonstick frying pan. Add the onion and garlic. Sauté, stirring until the onion is limp. Add the sherry, salt, pepper, parsley, and bay leaf and water and simmer, covered, about 30 minutes, or until veal is tender.
- Add mushrooms and continue simmering about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are the desired doneness. Remove bay leaf before serving.