Vegan and Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
These vegan muffins have great blueberry taste and are gluten-free!
Serves: 12Prep: 10 minutesCook: 37 minutesTotal: 47 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Cane Sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Sugar in the Raw® Turbinado Cane Sugar (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup neutral cooking oil (we used avocado oil)
- 6 tablespoons So Delicious® or Silk® Plain Dairy Free Yogurt Alternative
- 1⁄2 cup So Delicious® or Silk® Dairy Free Vanilla Almondmilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Earthbound Farm® Frozen Blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and add muffin liners to a muffin tin with 12 wells.
- Except for 1 teaspoon of baking powder, add all dry ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk the oil and yogurt alternative together.
- Add the Almondmilk and 1 teaspoon of baking powder to the oil/yogurt mixture then whisk to combine.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients to the wet until a stiff batter forms (you may need additional almond milk as necessary to make it workable).
- Fold in the blueberries using a spoon or spatula until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into each liner until almost full.
- Garnish the tops with a sprinkle of turbinado sugar before baking (optional).
- Bake at 400°F for 15-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the tin and serving.