Vegan Apple Crisp
Try using a combination of different apples, such as Granny Smith and Golden Delicious.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 cups peeled and chopped Granny Smith apples
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 Tbsp. cold vegan margarine
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place apples in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice. Mix in sugar and lemon zest. Pour into a greased 8-by-8-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and nuts, if desired. Cut margarine into pieces and add to processor. Pulse until mixture becomes small crumbles, then pour in an even layer to cover the apples.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the top is golden brown and apple are tender.