Vegan Apple Fritters
These irresistible fritters are crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄8 tsp. nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup soy milk
- Egg replacement equal to 2 eggs
- 2 cups diced apple
- 2 cups canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in soy milk and egg replacement until just mixed. Fold in apples. Pour oil 1 1⁄2 inches deep in a deep skillet and heat to 375°F over medium-high heat.
- Carefully place dough in oil by heaping tablespoonfuls, a few at a time. Cook until browned, about 2 minutes. Flip and continue cooking on other side for another 1 to 2 minutes until browned. Drain excess oil from fritters on paper towels.
- Lightly sprinkle fritters with powdered sugar while still warm.