Vegan Bacon Herb Biscuits
Veggie bacon is every bit as addictive as the real thing! Make a few extra slices for snacking while you make your scones.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 4 Tbsp. cold vegan margarine, cut into pieces
- 2 Tbsp. flat-leaf chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 4 slices vegan bacon, cooked and diced
- 2⁄3 cup plus 2 Tbsp. soy milk, divided
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and dry mustard. With a pastry cutter or large fork, cut margarine into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in parsley, chives, and bacon. Stir in 2⁄3 cup soy milk until just mixed.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 8 to 10 times. Roll dough out to 3⁄4 inch thick. Using a biscuit cutter or the rim of a drinking glass, cut dough into rounds and place on an ungreased baking sheet 1 inch apart. Brush tops with remaining soy milk.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.