Vegan Banana Bread
The best bananas for baking are overripe and black. If your bananas are headed in that direction but you don’t have time to bake, remove them from their skin, and store in the freezer. They’ll be ready at a moment’s notice for your next banana bake-off!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- Egg replacement equal to 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together mashed bananas, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg replacement, and vanilla extract until well blended. In a separate bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients, stirring until just mixed.
- Pour batter into a greased 9" × 5" loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf. Cool in the pan.