Vegan Banana Nut Bread
The perfect combination of sweet and nutty, this egg-free and dairy-free bread is a delicious alternative to regular banana bread, whether you are vegan or not.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 3⁄4 cup date sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups white rice flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with date sugar until smooth. Add applesauce, almond milk, lemon juice, oil, salt, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, flaxseed, and cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and whisk together until well combined. Add walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean.