Vegan Banana Nut Bread
The perfect combination of sweet and nutty, this egg-free and dairy-free bread is a delicious alternative to regular banana bread, whether you are vegan or not.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large ripe bananas
- ¾ cup date sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups white rice flour
- ¼ tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9" × 5" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with date sugar until smooth. Add applesauce, almond milk, lemon juice, oil, salt, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, flaxseed, and cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and whisk together until well combined. Add walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean.