Vegan Beet and Quinoa Side Salad
This easy and colorful salad is vegan, but everyone at the table can enjoy digging into it!
Serves: 6Prep: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup pepitas
- 1 medium beet, peeled
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat, toast the pepitas until just starting to turn golden. Set aside to cool.
- Using a fine grater, grate the beet and carrot into a large bowl. Add the cooked quinoa, bell pepper, spinach and toasted pepitas.
- In a small Mason jar, combine the apple cider vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, agave, salt and pepper. Shake to combine, then pour over salad.
- Toss to combine, then serve. Refrigerate leftovers.