Vegan Black Bean Soup
You can use the leftover green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and red onion from this recipe to make chili.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cans (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp. dried cumin
- 1 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- In a medium sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat, then sauté the bell peppers, onion, and garlic for 2–3 minutes.
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, add the sautéed vegetables, black beans, cumin, chipotle powder, salt, and broth. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Stir in cilantro before serving.