Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
Blueberries out of season? Use frozen blueberries that have been thawed and drained.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup soymilk, less 1 Tbsp.
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Egg replacement equal to 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. vegan margarine, melted
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Place lemon juice in a measuring cup and add soymilk up to the 1 cup mark. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Whisk egg replacement, margarine, and soymilk mixture in a large bowl. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just mixed.
- Pour by ¼ cupful onto hot griddle and top each pancake with several blueberries. When pancakes are browned on the bottom and bubbles have formed across the top, approximately 2–3 minutes, flip over and cook for 1–2 more minutes.