Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
Blueberries out of season? Use frozen blueberries that have been thawed and drained.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup soy milk, less 1 Tbsp.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- Egg replacement equal to 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. vegan margarine, melted
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Place lemon juice in a measuring cup and add soy milk up to the 1 cup mark. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Whisk egg replacement, margarine, and soy milk mixture in a large bowl. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just mixed.
- Pour by 1⁄4 cupful onto hot griddle and top each pancake with several blueberries. When pancakes are browned on the bottom and bubbles have formed across the top, approximately 2 to 3 minutes, flip over and cook for 1–2 more minutes.