Vegan Blueberry Pie
Tempt your family and friends with antioxidant-rich blueberry filling surrounded by a decadent, flaky pie crust!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (16 oz.) unbaked vegan pie dough
- 8 cups blueberries
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. vegan margarine, cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp. soy creamer
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll dough out to a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Press dough into 9-inch pie pan. Cover with plastic and place in refrigerator. Roll out remaining dough to a 12-inch circle. Fold in half, and in half again. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, mash 1 cup blueberries. Add the remaining blueberries, lemon juice, cornstarch, and sugar. Stir gently to combine. Remove bottom crust from the refrigerator and fill with berry mixture so the berries are slightly higher in the center. Dot blueberries with margarine pieces.
- Remove top crust from refrigerator, and unfold over pie. Press overhanging edges together with fingers, and fold up and pinch to form a fluted pattern resting on top of the rim of the pie. Brush top crust and edges with soy creamer. Sprinkle top with raw sugar, if desired. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling. If edges begin to brown too quickly, place a strip of aluminum foil around the rim of the pie. Allow to cool 30 minutes before serving.