Vegan Blueberry Scones
Blueberries give these scones delightful bursts of juicy, sweet flavor.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 3⁄4 cups plus 2 tsp. all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄3 cup cold vegan margarine, cut into pieces
- Egg replacement equal to 2 eggs
- 5 Tbsp. vegan creamer, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 teaspoons flour, cinnamon, and blueberries. Set aside. In a large bowl whisk together 1 3⁄4 cups flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Using a pastry cutter or large fork, cut cold margarine into flour mixture until margarine is pea-sized.
- Add egg replacement, 3 tablespoons vegan creamer, and blueberry mixture, stirring until just mixed. Place dough on a floured surface and divide into 2 equal pieces. Form each piece into a 6-inch disk, 3⁄4 inch thick. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and cut into 6 wedges. Brush tops with remaining 2 tablespoons vegan creamer.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned.