Vegan Braised Cabbage
Braising brings out the subtly sweet flavor of cabbage.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large head cabbage, shredded
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp. whole-grain mustard
- 1 tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Sauté cabbage and onions until softened and light brown, about 5–8 minutes.
- Spoon the cabbage and onions into a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Add the stock, mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.