Vegan Buddha Bowl
Enjoy a bowl of warm, nourishing goodness that you can customize to suit your personal taste. Fill your bowl with fresh, in-season vegetables, savory turmeric tahini sauce and protein-packed tofu.
Serves: 4Prep: 30 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups Simple Truth™ Long-Grain Brown Rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth™ Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 2 cups carrots, julienned, diced sweet potatoes or butternut squash
- 1 cup red bell peppers, julienned
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth™ Low-Sodium Tamari
- 7 ounces soft tofu, drained and cut into 4 triangles
- 1/2 cup Simple Truth™ Tahini
- 3 tablespoons ginger juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth™ Honey
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 4 green onions, minced, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spread a large baking sheet with coconut oil and arrange the Brussels sprouts, carrots and bell peppers on the sheet. Roast until they begin to brown, tossing occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- In a small sauté pan heat the sesame oil and add the mushrooms. Sauté until they begin to soften. Add the tamari and simmer, adding the tofu triangles to the pan and heat together with the sauce on low heat, turning the tofu to warm both sides.
- To make the sauce, add all the ingredients except the boiling water and green onions to the blender. Blend, slowly drizzling in the warm water.
- Assemble to bowl by dividing the rice into four bowls and topping with the vegetables, tofu, mushroom sauce and a drizzle of the tahini sauce. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.