Vegan “Buttermilk” Pancakes
A sprinkling of vegan chocolate chips in the batter will thrill kids of all ages!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 3⁄4 cups soy milk
- 1 Tbsp. plus 2 1⁄4 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- Egg replacement equal to 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 6 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Combine soy milk and lemon juice in a small bowl. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, stir together soy milk mixture, egg replacement, and oil. Stir soy milk mixture into dry ingredients until just mixed.
- Pour by 1⁄4 cupful onto lightly greased, preheated griddle. When bottom of pancakes have browned and bubbles have formed across the top, approximately 2 to 3 minutes, flip over and cook an additional 1–2 minutes. Top with powdered sugar and serve.