Vegan “Buttermilk” Pancakes
A sprinkling of vegan chocolate chips in the batter will thrill kids of all ages!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1¾ cups soymilk
- 1 Tbsp. plus 2¼ tsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- Egg replacement equal to 2 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 6 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Combine soymilk and lemon juice in a small bowl. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, stir together soymilk mixture, egg replacement, and oil. Stir soymilk mixture into dry ingredients until just mixed.
- Pour by ¼ cupful onto lightly greased, preheated griddle. When bottom of pancakes have browned and bubbles have formed across the top, approximately 2–3 minutes, flip over and cook an additional 1–2 minutes. Top with powdered sugar and serve.