Vegan Butternut Squash Spaghetti with Fried Sage
This no fuss vegan-friendly dinner is ready in just 25 minutes. Enjoy the flavorful and filling combination of butternut squash, pasta and a blend of spices.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 pound Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 sage leaves
- 1 package (11 oz.) cubed butternut squash
- 1 can (14 oz.) Vegetable Broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth™ Nutritional Yeast
- In large pot over high heat, bring water to boil. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Fry sage leaves until crispy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to paper-towel lined plate.
- In medium pot, combine butternut squash, broth, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Boil until very tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender, puree squash mixture until smooth.
- Toss together cooked spaghetti and squash mixture. If too dry, add reserved pasta water ¼ cup at a time. Garnish with fried sage and nutritional yeast.