Vegan Caesar Salad with Lentils
Pan-fried lentils turn this salad into a light-but-filling meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) lentils, drained and patted dry
- 2 Tbsp. agave syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. Ancho chile powder
- 8 cups chopped kale
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 2 garlic cloves
- juice of 3 lemons
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped garlic, cooking for about 1 minute, until aromatic.
- Add lentils, agave, and chile powder to the skillet, cook, stirring to coat. Cook until lentils are crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Place kale in a large serving bowl and toss with lentils.
- Add tahini, extra-virgin olive oil, coconut aminos, garlic cloves, and lemon juice to a blender. Purée until smooth. Drizzle over salad.