Vegan Caesar Salad with Lentils
Pan-fried lentils turn this salad into a light-but-filling meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) lentils, drained and patted dry
- 2 Tbsp. agave syrup
- 1½ tsp. Ancho chile powder
- 8 cups chopped kale
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- juice of 3 lemons
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, cooking for about 1 minute, until aromatic.
- Add lentils, agave, and chile powder to the skillet, cook, stirring to coat. Cook until lentils are crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Place kale in a large serving bowl and toss with lentils.
- In a high-speed blender, purée all dressing ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over salad.