Vegan Cheeze Biscuits
These biscuits will remind you of the famous biscuits at a popular chain seafood restaurant!
Serves: 20Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder, divided
- 1⁄2 cup cold vegan margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated vegan Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup vegan sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups soy milk
- 6 Tbsp. vegan margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar, salt, cayenne pepper, and 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder. Using a pastry cutter or large fork, cut margarine into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in vegan cheese, sour cream, and soy milk until just mixed.
- Drop dough 1 inch apart by tablespoonful onto a greased baking sheet. Combine melted margarine, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and cracked pepper in a small bowl. Brush margarine mixture over the tops of the biscuits. Reserve leftover margarine mixture.
- Bake 23 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Brush tops with remaining margarine mixture. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks.