This is a nice, plain cheesecake that can be topped any number of ways— try using fresh fruit, fruit sauce, or even chocolate sauce. Let your imagination fly!
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegan graham crackers crumbs
- 1 1⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. vegan margarine, melted
- 2 packages (8 oz.) vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place graham cracker crumbs, 1⁄4 cup sugar, and brown sugar in a food processor. Pulse a few times to combine. Add melted margarine. Process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into the bottom of a springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool crust before adding filling.
- Reduce oven heat to 350°F.
- In a blender, combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla. Add cornstarch and blend until smooth. Pour into crust.
- Bake cheesecake for 45 minutes. Cheesecake should be puffed up and lightly browned. Cool completely and refrigerate. Decorate with fresh berries and serve.