Vegan Chocolate Buttercream
This frosting has the same taste and appearance as other chocolate buttercream recipes, but is made without dairy.
Makes: 1¾ cupsHands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 1¾ cups
- ¾ cup Earth Balance Shortening Sticks
- 1⅓ cups finely powdered coconut sugar
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp. vegan butter extract
- 2 tsp. rice flour
- In a medium mixing bowl, add Earth Balance Shortening Sticks, coconut sugar, and salt. Cream together using a hand-held mixer until smooth and combined.
- Add the cocoa, vanilla, and butter extract and mix until creamy.
- Mix in the rice flour until frosting is creamy and smooth. Use immediately or store covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator.