Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
Packaged cake mixes are often dairy-free and make a great shortcut to a delicious dessert! Make sure to select a cake mix without pudding in the mix.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 1 package (15.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 4 oz. cold vegan cream cheese
- 6 Tbsp. cold vegan margarine
- 20 oz. vegan cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Egg replacement equal to 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, cream cheese, and margarine with a pastry cutter or large fork until crumbly. Remove 1½ cups of cake mixture; stir in chocolate chips and set aside for topping. Press remaining cake mixture into a lightly greased 9" × 13" baking dish and bake 12 minutes. Cool.
- Beat softened cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and egg replacement on low speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Spread evenly over baked cake layer.
- Lightly press reserved chocolate chip–cake mixture over cream cheese layer. Bake 40–45 minutes.
- Cool completely, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4–6 hours. Cut into rectangles.