Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes
These vegan pancakes are light, fluffy, and have chocolate chips scattered in every bite, making them simply divine.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 2⁄3 cups unsweetened almond milk, divided
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups spelt flour
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup soy-free, vegan chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine ground flaxseed with 2 tablespoons almond milk and set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the remaining almond milk with apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips and mix to combine. Stir in both the flaxseed and the almond milk mixture. Stir in chocolate chips until just incorporated, being careful not to over mix.
- Heat a nonstick griddle over medium heat. Pour 1⁄4 cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake. When pancakes get tiny bubbles throughout, flip to cook the other side for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.