Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
Put vegan baking to the test and delight in these incredibly moist and flavorful cupcakes completely free of eggs or milk.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup spelt flour
- ¾ cup plus 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 3 Tbsp. Earth Balance Soy Free Buttery Sticks, softened
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1¼ cups coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix Earth Balance Soy Free Buttery Sticks, applesauce, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract until well combined. Add the flour mixture alternately with the almond milk and mix to combine.
- Fill cupcake liners a little more than ¾ full. Bake 12 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. Store cupcakes in an airtight container.