Vegan Chocolate Mousse
Even those who canʼt eat dairy can enjoy delicious chocolate mousse. Using coconut cream instead of heavy whipping cream gives this treat a subtle coconut undertone too.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Open can, scoop out thick cream at top, and transfer to a medium mixing bowl. (Save liquid left in bottom of can for making a smoothie later.)
- Add sugar and beat on high using a hand mixer about 2 minutes or until thick and creamy. Set aside 2 tablespoons whipped cream.
- Gently fold cocoa powder and salt into remaining whipped cream and beat again until well combined and smooth.
- Serve immediately with a dollop of the reserved whipped cream on top.