Vegan Clam Soup
Reminiscent of New England clam chowder, this soup includes clam-flavored oyster mushrooms. Coconut milk can be added in place of almond milk for richer consistency.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 6 oz. oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1 medium bay leaf
- Sea salt, to taste
- Shoyu, to taste
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- In a large soup pot, sauté onions and garlic in oil until soft. Add mushrooms and sauté until cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Add broth, celery, tarragon, and bay leaf. Bring to boil, lower heat, and simmer, covered, until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and shoyu. Add almond milk. Simmer, covered, for 3 minutes. Remove half of the soup and purée in blender. Return puréed soup to pot.
- Garnish with parsley.