Vegan “Creamed” Spinach
Fresh spinach reduces greatly when cooked, so to get a bigger bang for your buck, use frozen spinach when possible.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. vegan margarine
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened rice milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp. dried sage
- 2 packages (12 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- Melt the margarine in a 2-quart slow cooker over low heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes before stirring in the flour.
- Slowly pour in the rice milk or soymilk and whisk until all lumps are removed.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Stir and cook over low heat for 2 hours.