Vegan Cucumber & Lentil Salad
This healthy salad is packed with plant-based protein. It’s a great dish for bringing to a picnic at the park, or ideal for making a home when you want a quick meal that’ll fill you up without weighing you down.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Green onions, sliced, to serve
- In a large saucepan, boil water. Add lentils; cover and cook 15-20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together cooked lentils, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil, dill, parsley, basil and salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, top with green onions.