Vegan Edamame Pesto Pasta
Edamame, spinach and basil come together to make this vibrant, protein-rich pesto. Tossed with pasta, it’s a quick and easy plant-based dinner.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 ounces fusilli or other shortcut regular or gluten-free pasta
- 8 ounces shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 ounce fresh basil, stems discarded (about 1 cup lightly packed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, if desired
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger Brand Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain but reserve some cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in bowl of food processor, combine edamame, spinach, basil, lemon juice, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Pulse a few times to breakdown and blend. With food processor running, drizzle in olive oil until pesto is evenly blended.
- Toss pesto with warm pasta, adding reserved pasta water to thin sauce to desired consistency.
- Refrigerate leftovers.