Vegan Energy Bars
This is an on-the-go snack that's easy to make. These protein bars are delicious as is or personalized to your taste. Drizzle with your favorite nut butter and top with cocoa nibs for an extra-decadent snack.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1⁄4 cup pitted dates
- 1⁄4 cup of cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chia seeds
- 1⁄4 cup hemp seeds
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. vegan chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp. shredded coconut
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients until mixture is well combined, slightly moist, and sticky.
- If the mixture is not sticking together, add more coconut oil by the 1⁄2 tablespoon, until a thick dough is formed. Form into a large rectangle on a large piece of parchment paper, pressing to an even thickness.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour, then cut into bars and drizzle with melted chocolate. Top with almonds and coconut.
- Return to refrigerator until chocolate cools, about 30 minutes, then wrap individually, if desired.
- For best results, store in refrigerator and enjoy within 1 week. Or, place in an airtight freezer-safe container, and freeze for up to 2 months.