Vegan German Dijon Potato Salad
Tangy deli-style German potato salad requires potatoes that are thinly sliced and not overcooked. This vegan version is just as good—if not better—than any other recipe you’ll find.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 medium red potatoes, cooked and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup sliced yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 3 Tbsp. vegan bacon bits
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Slice potatoes into thin wedges and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat onions in olive oil over medium heat and cook until just barely soft, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add water, vinegar, mustard, flour, and sugar, stirring to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and stir in potatoes, cucumbers, bacon bits and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.